Thread: 75 Dually build
View Single Post
Old 05-05-2014, 05:32 PM   #138
75Dually

Re: 75 Dually build

Found out what some of my calibration issues were when talking to Accuair tech support. Their tech support is really good by the way.

If you go back in my posts I showed where I am using a 1/2" Airbaggit valve. The valve is fine and works with their system. The issue, or at least part of the issue is this valve is to fast for their ECU. My valve would exhaust to fast for the sensors, thus the ECU would not be able to pick up the rapid change, and so it would throw the "Ride height sensor travel warning". So I had to slow it down. What I did was take the brass muffler off the valve and replace it with a 1/2" ball valve. This way I could fine tune the rate of the air coming out the exhaust side. This worked really well.

So the system could now go through the calibration phase... Well almost... The other issue I ran into is it would not raise the front end very high. Maybe 1"-2", but no more than that. The rear worked fine, but the front was not cooperating. So I again called the tech support line, and they said to raise the tank pressure. The cool thing about the Accuair system is you can change the tank pressure switch with your iPad, iPhone, in cab rocker switch, or Accuair touch pad (or even soon to be Andriod app!!!). The stock pressure is set at 150psi, but you can change it to 175psi or even up to 200psi all with the touch of your finger. Pretty cool in my book! So tonight I will change the setting to 175psi and see if that does the trick, and if not I will move it up to 200psi (hope I don't have to go that high...)

I let you know what happens... Stay tuned...
75Dually is offline   Reply With Quote