Thread: Rat repair.
View Single Post
Old 05-06-2014, 04:37 AM   #340
swamp rat

Re: Rat repair.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustard72 View Post
Do you like that cam? I got a Melling MTC 1 for Mustard, which appears to have a bit more duration and a bit less lift than yours. It's supposedly a good towing cam, but now that the 6000# horse trailer is going away, I'm not sure I won't regret getting a little more cam if I actually ever get it back on that.
I really don't want to steer you one way or another as I'm not an engine builder by trade. don't know that i have an answer for you, I know that the larger cam the higher up in the RPM the power is built. I'm also running worlds products heads with different size (larger) intake runners, that in itself has an affect on air flow, plus Doug Thorley Try Y headers.

I can tell you that my truck is really happy at freeway speeds but i think with the 33" wheels and 4:10's i wouldn't mind having a little more bottom end power. It isn't phased by heading over the mountain pass but i have not pulled anything more than my small 7" flatbed trailer, dirt bike and a small camper on the back.

I think its best to contact the cam company's, let them know what you have and ask there opinion.

Swamp Rat build thread :
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=595019

72 3/4T 4X4
4" BDS Lift
33" BFG's
swamp rat is offline   Reply With Quote