View Single Post
Old 05-06-2014, 05:36 PM   #104
theastronaut

Re: Winter Beater Build- '66 BBW Custom Short/Fleet with Heat!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ta2Don View Post
Diggin' the daylight pic!
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1963c-10 View Post
Glad to see this build back up!!!

Thanks dudes!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoRollinLS View Post
Well, there goes winter. lol Tell me that you did drive it some during winter though? Glad to see updates here also. Love "driver" builds on these trucks. A nice change to the perfect restorations and some of the botchings that you see from time to time. Thanks!
Nah, first time I drove it I was wearing shorts and flip flops. I guess now it should be the "Spring has Sprung Beater Build".

Well, the truck is running great but I still haven't had time to do the rear axle seals/bearings and finish the brakes. The e-brake works though, and there's a huge high school parking lot near our shop... who needs brakes if there's nothing to run into? Had a few buddies over Saturday riding my '83 Yamaha 80 Enduro and we decided it would be a good idea to drive the truck over to the lot to see how it drives/shifts, which quickly turned into seeing how well the truck ran around the islands at the end of the lot, slolom style.

I need a good baseline to compare against Goldilocks, right? Once I get brakes on it (and all the junk out of the bed!) I'll take it back and see what kind of lap times it runs. It definitely needs sway bars front and rear, and a quicker ratio steering box would help immensely!

First vid is me driving, and the second is my buddy Logan.

theastronaut is offline   Reply With Quote