View Single Post
Old 05-09-2014, 10:20 AM   #44
Big Tex

Re: Big Tex's 83 Chevy 2wd to 4wd Conversion

Here we go. Like I mentioned earlier, we moved last year. In August, which is the best time to move in Texas. You get to test your body to see if you're immune to heat exhaustion or not, and you don't have to worry about rain! Here's the last load from the old house. I flat towed it with the t-case in neutral, it did ok. I backed it into a self storage warehouse and it sat for almost 9 months. I did go by there a couple of times just to check on my ole buddy.

The new to us house actually had a shop, but when they built it, they made it 20x20 outside dimensions, so with the brick ledge and stud bay, it was really closer to 18x18 on the inside. In fact, my suburban stuck out the front door. So, after some remodeling inside the house, it was finally the shop's turn. Budget allowed for a 10x24 extension off the back. Dang budgets.
So, here's the trucks new home.

We also changed it from a 7' overhead door to an 8'.

Inside Progress:

After many hours surfing Garge Journal and reading the garage guru's over there's opionions, I finally decided not to coat the floor. I wanted this shop to be an awesome one, and i love looking at those with the cool painted walls, and coated floors, but the more I read about the paint and epoxy not holding up to welding slag, and grinding sparks, I decided against it. I did however paint the walls. I love it. I think it looks cool.

This gets us up to about a month ago. I've been moving all my junk and tools into it, and like I said earlier, drug the truck home a week or so ago. It's nice to have it back.