View Single Post
Old 05-12-2014, 07:51 AM   #272
dug224

Re: Dug's 1959 Fleetside

Jim came over and we recycled the old I-6 fuel lines into my temporary fuel line setup. They are about 22" too long and had many bends in them that were not useful to me. As a result, we sent them through an old woodworking vice with extra smooth and wide jaws. Taped some soft rags on the jaws to lessen the blow. Got them straight-ish (see photo at firewall) and then re-bent them with a substantial loop in them to absorb the extra length. With a pair of pliers, rotated the braided crimped on sections to align the quick disconnect fittings at the engine. Did not expect this to work but seemed to rotate fairly easy. Normally, the fuel lines come straight up in the back center of the engine so they would be a good deal shorter. We brought them from over the top of the Brake Booster to use up length. Missing in the photo is the EVAP line that will be bent up today and installed. Will add the factory plastic fuel line separators and devise a way to clip them for a more finished look. Braided lines with AN fittings will probably be the final choice for fuel lines. Factory filler neck to gas tank is now in place ready to take on fuel..... dug.
Attached Images

dug224 is offline   Reply With Quote