View Single Post
Old 05-16-2014, 12:05 AM   #38
K10 STEPSIDE

Re: LS LM7 swap start

lately I have had several questions about the coil relocation so, I'm going to do a quick write-up of what it took and how it sits. I wish I had take more/better pictures and remember the details but I'll give you what I got.

I used the plates that originally held the coils I just cut them to hold to coils each and removed some of the extra. then welded on l shaped brackets that are used to bolt the coils on with the same same bolt that holds on the fuel rails. Its takes some time to move around the mounts and get all the coils to fit.

Other than the cutting and welding of the brackets the only other changes are to tweak the fuel rails to fit the coils behind it. (I believe I shorted the bolt in the clamp of the fuel rails and cut a mounting tab that was part of the clamp) both lines are still solid and are not at risk of leaking of damage. 2nd change. I trimmed half an inch or less from my engine cover on the back passenger side by last coil.

otherwise minor trimming might help fit the coils (not a requirement and not something that compromises the the intake)

2002 chevy Impala

Latest Project http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=605308
K10 STEPSIDE is offline   Reply With Quote