Thread: Rat repair.
View Single Post
Old 05-24-2014, 10:51 PM   #357
swamp rat

Re: Rat repair.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcbassin View Post
Nice work on the gas filler. I hear you about the die grinders. I've had mixed results with the HF grinders some last forever some a few days. I wait till they have a good sale the buy a few at $8-10 ea. I have a good ingersol that I paid about $100 but in most cases I just use the cheapys. I bought a kobalt from lowes... I hate that pos.

I've never used the easy grind stuff. I just use plenty of sanding disks and never let them get so dull they burn the metal. I like the red 3m 60-120 grit. They work great.
I guess I'll rule out the Kobalt then, i was hoping someone would chime in and give there opinion on that one. thanks!

I did a search on Amazon and found some good prices on Chicago Pneumatic, too, 1/2 the price of the local place but have yet to check the model numbers and specs, I may go that route.

I was actually using a die grind cutting bit, but yea i like the 3M disks too, brown, red and blue, won't waste my money on the HF stuff..

When i went to HF the other day i got 3 grinders, a 90, a 45 and a straight, took the 90 back today, the 45 i have determined is going back as well, so far i like the straight one, it feels nice and no vibration.

Swamp Rat build thread :
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=595019

72 3/4T 4X4
4" BDS Lift
33" BFG's
swamp rat is offline   Reply With Quote