Thread: Rat repair.
View Single Post
Old 05-25-2014, 02:20 PM   #363
Vic1947

Re: Rat repair.

Quote:
Originally Posted by swamp rat View Post
One thing i really do need is a better air compressor, i have one of the red Sears 26 gal single stage pieces of junk, have been debating if i should be looking for another 115V compressor (dual stage compressor?)that might fit my needs of running die grinders and also sanders, or if i'm gonna have to step up to 220V (single or dual phase?) and have an electrician wire it into my circuit breaker, that said i don't want to drill my garage floor for lag bolts..

Any advice on brands and or places to look would be appreciated.
My $.02 worth... two stage cast iron, 80 gallon upright, 220V single phase. No need to screw it to the floor. Mine's on casters and I have it plumbed into the condenser line with a flex hose and a union fitting. When I need to drain it, I uncouple the union and roll it over to the floor drain so water doesn't run everywhere. Sears and Ingersoll Rand are both good, but I'm sure there are others. My 5HP Sears is 28 years old and has never had the compressor head overhauled. The electric motor needed a tuneup three years ago, but other than that and a few minor parts (belts, filters), it's been trouble free. Spend a few bucks on a decent water separator and you're in business.
Maybelline - my '57 Ford 2dr Sedan "Mecum'd" 3/2016 Location unknown
Silver Streaker "Mecum'd" 4/2013 Somewhere in Texas
Vic1947 is offline   Reply With Quote