Thread: Rat repair.
View Single Post
Old 05-25-2014, 03:15 PM   #365
Tx Firefighter
Watch out for your cornhole !

Re: Rat repair.

I'm a bit of an air compressor geek. I burned up several in my shop over the years until I stepped up to my current one and did many hours of research to make my choice.

All I can say is the game has changed. You need to be educated on current models rather than relying on a trusted brand name. As an example, I once bought a nice Ingersoll Rand compressor based on their reputation. I had tons of problems with it and during the course of repairing it multiple times I learned that modern Ingersolls are almost all made in China. Real poor quality. Grandpa might have used his old Ingersoll for 40 years with good luck, but you won't get that service out of a new one. Grandmas Kenmore refrigerator may have lasted her entire adult life, but the one you buy today will go 10 years or so.

I chose Champion for my compressor after about a year of research. Low pump speed and 100% made in USA content were the main factors. Quincy builds a good one too. I'd have bought a Quincy, but I wanted an unusual configuration and Champion was more responsive to building it for me.