View Single Post
Old 05-27-2014, 03:35 PM   #11
skorpioskorpio

Re: 70 build(ORD 4 link) short body ect

I personally think it's a really cool truck as it sits, that said, the weird transition between door and bed is rather bothersome. On my truck I'm kicking around the idea of milling some cargo rails that have a side profile that continues the door body line back. There is also at least one guy who has taken donor doors and cut the tops off to extend the bed up, be easier on yours, you have less bed to deal with. I don't know that I'd be willing to completely give up any option of a side window which you basically do if you trim the door top. I'm also not sure that laying the windshild back would really look that great on your truck, especially as a 4x4. It's kind of cool that it's squashed and laying down the windshield, I think, would make for confusing lines.

I read your thread from when you first got it, and it sounds to me you are really looking for something to do to it, like maybe you feel like you are driving someone elses project and you really want it to be your project. I get that, but I think maybe you are looking to the wrong place for inspiration, I don't think this truck lends it self to a lift and huge meats and I don't think borrowing styling ideas from 2wd Blazers works either. Maybe you should be looking for ideas from the Bronco-Scout crowd since it's more what the truck comes off as.

It really does have great purportions, and looks to be done surprisingly well from a style standpoint. even though I'm much more of a fan of slant noses, I don't think it would look good on this truck, the blunt nose enhances it's squishedness.

I'd love to see more pics though, top off, interior, did the engine bay shrink because of the front fender and hood shortening? Is it too short for a back seat?
skorpioskorpio is offline   Reply With Quote