View Single Post
Old 05-28-2014, 03:50 PM   #48
GASoline71
"I ain't nobody, dork."

Re: Just looked at a 72 and thought it was priced high - are my expectations off?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 67ChevyRedneck View Post
I hope my neighbors see us this way

We're one of the "young ones" in the neighborhood with me at 33 and the wife at 30. The garage houses a very nice 65 mustang and POS rusty 67 firebird project. Outside is my Z71, the wifes 11 Mustang and my 67 C10.
I have old trucks all around me where I live and not any of the cats that have them are over the age of 35. There is a kid and his wife that live one street over with a '56 Chevy 3100, and his wife drives a '70 Nova. There are 2 1965 C10's at the same house on the block I live on. Both are driven daily. There is a '63 C10 (C10 body sitting on later model lifted 4x4 chassis) less than a block away. Lastly there is a '70 K20 at the bottom of the hill on the street that comes up to our area. Pretty cool to see that much old iron still being driven by "young" cats.

Gary

My 1972 GMC 1500 Super Custom (Creeping Death) "long term" build thread.

The Rebuild of Creeping Death after the wreck

Quote:
Originally Posted by LONGHAIR View Post
I would never rebuild a 305.
Quote:
Originally Posted by prostreetC-10 View Post
I love using vacuum gauges as part of the carb tuning process. I hook the gauge to the inside of my garbage can and leave it there.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marv D View Post
Remember Murphys 2nd law of mechanical relationships... "OPPOSING COMPONENTS ATTEMPTING TO OCCUPY THE SAME SPACE, AT THE SAME TIME, GENERALLY END UP OCCUPYING ADJOINING SPACE AT THE BOTTOM OF THE OIL PAN"
Quote:
Originally Posted by cableguy0 View Post
Its cheaper to listen to advice given when you ask for help than it is to ignore everyone and wait for carnage.
GASoline71 is offline   Reply With Quote