View Single Post
Old 05-30-2014, 10:39 AM   #99
Tx Firefighter
Watch out for your cornhole !

Re: My Luxurious late model truck (not so much)

Internet research shows that Napa is the only parts store that can reliably get the proper bushing that I need for the transfer case. I called the Napa in the next town over and he said he'd have it by 11 this morning. At lunch time I'll run over there and see if I hit pay dirt or not.

My speakers for the rear pillars are showing delivery via the mailman this morning so I decided to go ahead and start fitment of the headliner and interior trim. Keep in mind my truck never had a headliner best as I can tell. None of the holes for the B post trim are there. I'll have to drill them as I go.

A final bit of news for the morning update is that I got a message from the guy parting out the red stepside which I got my carpet and interior stuff from. We got a deal on the seat. I'm set to have one of my "Craigslist adventures" as Valerie calls them tomorrow morning to go get it. The adventure will be seeing if I can get a full size Chevy conversion truck bench seat in the back of my little Honda toaster thingy. Its a pretty fair drive up there and back so I don't want to take my stepside due to gas mileage. Its liable to look like some Beverly Hillbillies crap me carrying that big seat back there. Adventure indeed.

As a reminder, this is the seat....

Valerie is going to ride up there with me to get it. I told her if she'd pull out all of the stops with her carpet cleaner and make the seat as clean as possible that I'd take her to town and go out to eat and grocery shopping tomorrow night. Yes, we are old married people. Dinner and grocery shopping is a night out on the town.