View Single Post
Old 05-30-2014, 04:40 PM   #137
Grizz1963

Re: Martin's mi-STRESS, 1965 Long Fleetside C10 "Rebuild in ENGLAND"

THOUGHT I MAY AS WELL POST ON HERE TOO..........

Tonight I am the proud (???) owner of £436.00's worth of 2 and 2-4 inch lowering joy for the truck.

Mate Martin has bought the same for his '65 Long Fleetside.

The original lowering was done with an Oxy-Acetelyne torch at some point, leaving the truck a bit, well a lot, wallowy. Redneck engineering at its best with the springs unevenly bunched together.

So in line with having it as a functional driver when it is done, I decided this was another item that needs doing correctly. So spent the money importing the parts.

Martin needed a full set for his truck too, so when we saw the lot on sale by Brothers, we contacted the Brothers in the USA and asked about combined shipping....... the difference was $110.00 on the parts.

Of course you cannot get away from Customs, but the barstewards charge their VAT on the US courier costs too, which I think is a bloody cheek.

Anyway, I am happy that I have nitrous filled shocks with nylon bushes.

The springs weigh a ton, and look very good.

Still need to decide if I should get the springs powder coated, or just give them a coat of gloss enamel, as they are going out of site and this is a driver truck.

Picture of Joy.

There is a lot to be said for building two trucks in parallel. Loads of sharing of cock ups and spares, as well as helping each other out with bits.

On Sunday we have a marathon session planned with my truck and two of the motorbikes in my garage, as well as a petrol electricity generator and a Briggs and Stratton 190cc lawnmower that kicks back like a mule on its pull cord. Any ideas ??
Grizz1963 is offline   Reply With Quote