Thread: 75 Dually build
View Single Post
Old 05-31-2014, 12:24 AM   #172
75Dually

Re: 75 Dually build

Working on the dash this evening. I got the holes cut for the passenger side AC vent, the stereo, and the eLevel rocker switch.

So after I finished cutting all those holes out I started work on the AC ducting. I am going to use as much of the stock ducting as possible out of the donor burb, but every vent is going to need a custom attachment point and ducting to be made. So I started with the passenger vent which was going to be the easiest. It has a flex hose running from the main plenum over to it so I made the rest of the duct out of fiberglass tonight. See the pics below. Once it dries I will see if it needs a second layer of fiberglass. Other than that it is just a simple 90 degree elbow.

The 2 center vents are going to be the most difficult. Both of them use the same ducting and there is not a lot of room in there. Also I have to deal with the new stereo as well. The space limitations are tight, but I will do what I can to make it as clean as possible.

Other than that the dash is really coming along. I want to have it finished up as quickly as possible because the center console and the body work is going to take up the bulk of my time from now on.
Attached Images

75Dually is offline   Reply With Quote