View Single Post
Old 05-31-2014, 12:58 AM   #27
Ford Assassin

Re: correct transmission for 6.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by informi View Post
I have not gotten a new transmission yet and I have a line on a 94 4l80e. I am wondering if that is too old to make work correctly with my 02 PCM, harness etc? I know I will need to get the harness changed, but are there other differences because of its age that I should be aware of? Any suggestions or info would be great. Originally it was with a 5.7.

Thanks
The early cases are slightly different, mostly the coolant lines. In '99 or so the cases changed, probably due to the LSx engines and the cases changed. Usually the earlier cases are preferred since the coolant lines are easier to run.

As far as the electronics, all the same as far as plug and play.

I would definitely have the roller clutch swapped out for a 34 element spray and have a TransGo HD-2 shift kit installed prior to putting it in your ride. Well worth the long term benefits.

-K5 Blazer 2wd: 6.0 LQ4, 7875 Turbo, Tick Stage II Turbo Cam, Built 4L80e, RevMax Billet 3600, 9.5" 14 Bolt
-Chevy 3+3 Crew Cab Dually: Cummins 12v P-Pump Swap, Compound Turbos, A2W Intercooler, NV4500HD, 4wd conversion, Radius Arms, Coilovers, Crossover Steering, etc
Build Thread: http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=803608
Ford Assassin is offline   Reply With Quote