Thread: Rat repair.
View Single Post
Old 06-01-2014, 11:22 PM   #375
swamp rat

Re: Rat repair.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustard72 View Post
You could always add in your 33 gal tank from that compressor to boost the volume of a new compressor, too, so you can maybe not spend extra money for a bigger tank. I'm planning to do that with my old 20 gallon horizontal tank from my dead oil-less compressor. Just need to be able to drain it. I think anything that's not an oil-less compressor will be much quieter than the oil-less one you are running now. I was almost happy when mine died.

I need to make a water trap system like you have. I run a hose straight off the compressor now with a cheap tiny water trap right after the regulator, but it's really woefully inadequate.
Humm. Maybe just reply the compressor unit altogether but I still think having more volume would help. I donno that its worth the hassle. One guy here has a 60 gallon compressor and says it keeps up with his Sanders and die grinders, being as space is premium that may do the trick. Oh, trying to move a 80 gallon compressor is a concern for these old bones too.

I got my honey doo list done and spent 3 days detailing my dirt bike to put it up for sale, and working again this weekend. Hope to get back to the rat starting tomorrow.

Swamp Rat build thread :
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=595019

72 3/4T 4X4
4" BDS Lift
33" BFG's
swamp rat is offline   Reply With Quote