View Single Post
Old 06-03-2014, 05:38 PM   #6
PLYONS11

Re: NEW TO SITE! Engine swap questions

[QUOTE=60-66;6704526]Welcome to the Forum !!!!

Heres a few shots of the frame mounts that Captainfab is speaking of. These are stock big block frame mounts from 1968-1971 Chevy and GMC trucks. They are a bolt in and move the engine forward enough so your not banging up the firewall. You will need to trim the upper edge of the frame back a little, they did this on the 68-71 frames also from the factory. You can see what I did in the close ups of the mount. You will also need to move your trans crossmember, I just bought one on-line aftermarket and redrilled the holes. Very easy swap, these mounts also give you more clearance for stock exhaust manifolds. I ran Sanderson headers here with no trimming or clearance issues.

60-66, I did a quick search for the motor mounts on line and I'm not coming up with much that looks like the ones in the photos. Ony ones I can find are on ebay for over 300.00. Where is the best place to find them? My local pick a parts have been pretty hit or miss on my past projects. Prior to buying/building the engine I want to try to fit the mounts to make sure I'm not biting off more than I can chew. Looks easy enough from the photos, but I'd hate to have a new engine sitting in the garage that I cant use!
PLYONS11 is offline   Reply With Quote