View Single Post
Old 06-07-2014, 03:38 PM   #277
theastronaut

Re: 1966 F100 Short/Fleet Full Stock Resto Build Thread

This time next Saturday we'll have it at it's first show... lots to do until then!!

Dad's been working on the seat bottom yesterday and today. It's mostly finished, he still has a little "fine tuning" to do.

For whatever reason SMS sent us pre-cut material for the seat face.... four inches too narrow!! Called them back and asked why they sent pre-cut sections and they said that that's all they had... and they cut the whole roll that way. Would be "awhile" before they made another run of the fabric in the correct width (60"). They didn't mention that when we ordered the material. So the boxing is a little taller than it should be on the sides, but what else do you do when you only have a week to finish it and no other known material source?

Backrest in place to mark the pattern so Dad can line up the back rest cover with the seat bottom.

Arm rests dyed to match the seat vinyl.

I have a matching pair of original paint '66 plates from my '66 C10 that I'm putting on temporarily for it's first show. I scuffed them and shot a few coats of clear to preserve the original paint.

theastronaut is offline   Reply With Quote