View Single Post
Old 06-12-2014, 06:59 PM   #114
NastyBuzzard

Re: 1987 GMC V1500 Sierra Classic LS swap/build

Bad news today.. Like motivation killing bad news.

Tank won't fit. Even if I cut the ribs under the bed and slide it back it still would hang way to low below the body line.

Now its like I have no clue what to do.

I want to use the 01 donors wiring. So I will some how have to integrate it into working both tanks, the selector switch, and selector valve.. How do I do that?

Also I know the fuel gauge signal is different my 87 is 0-120 ohm and the newer vehicles are 90-240 ohm. I want to use the 01 cluster in my 87 like I showed before... but how???

Also to use the tbi tanks I will need the higher flowing pumps, ( ep381?? ), a buddy said I could possible use the sender from a vortec truck which would provide the correct ohm signal. Possible??? Any ideas?

Also for the selector switch, I am using a pollock one now that I replaced last year, got it from autozone. Do I need one stronger for the added pressure?

Also I have no idea which an fittings or what to order, I know I will need high pressure fuel line and the smooth clamps. Help?

I just feel really freaking bummed right now. I was banking on that tank fitting. I guess I am an idiot... Any ideas if a s10 tank or something would? Any ideas at all? I am reaching out.

Also is it possible to buy a 20 gal tank and just use it instead of the duals?

Last edited by NastyBuzzard; 06-12-2014 at 07:08 PM.
NastyBuzzard is offline   Reply With Quote