View Single Post
Old 06-13-2014, 09:26 AM   #2
C10 Club Tennessee

Re: Project Patina Burb

I got the brakes figured out. I didn't have a lot of pedal and I guess I got projects confused because I swore that I changed everything on the rear brakes-drums turned, spring kit, wheel cylinders, and shoes. Then I took the rear passenger side drum off and the wheel cylinder had leaked so bad that it had melted all the brake pad material off of the shoes. All the material had collected at the bottom of the drum next to the adjuster. So I had the drums turned changed the wheel cylinder and put new shoes and a new spring kit on the rear of it.

I'm having two issues with no luck. One is with the alternator. I'm not getting anything off the back of it when I test it. Took it off and had it tested, but it tested good. Not sure what the issue is with it.

Also I have no power steering at all. I'm not sure if there is a check valve where the pressure hose connects to the pump. I bought the same fitting that everyone else used so that I could use the original pressure hose.

Getting closer.

www.gmtruckshow.com

Project "Andes"-Halen's First Truck

Project: Patina Burb

for he is God’s servant for your good. But if you do wrong, be afraid, for he does not bear the sword in vain. For he is the servant of God, an avenger who carries out God’s wrath on the wrongdoer. Romans 13:4
5150 is offline   Reply With Quote