View Single Post
Old 01-09-2004, 04:41 PM   #2
1970blazin
Blazerless:-(

I don't have all the specifics you need, and we had our top restored a little different because we went with a smooth finish, but here is what I know from having ours done.
We used chevy white, and had the painter add a little flatner to it so that it wouldn't be to shiny. I am not sure what happened, but the first time he painted it the color looked grey! They he redid it without the flatner and it looks nice and white. We had a friend who builds boats redo the fiberglassing to get rid of any brakes or cracks, and I am not sure how he did it. I was told that we will probably get cracking in the seam above the back of the side windows because it is a stress point, so we shouldn't have filled that seam. Check out BobbyK's webpage he shows redoing his top and keeps the orig. texture. He is a great guy to get info from too. You may have to sand off your chipping paint, or use some sort of paint removal method, then retexture the top. Good luck to you- wish I could be more of a help. I will ask the guy who worked on my top what he used for fiberglass repair-
Diane

1970 CST Blazer-Orig. Dark Blue-SOLD

Progress Pics of Blazer for sale
1970blazin is offline   Reply With Quote