View Single Post
Old 06-17-2014, 02:25 PM   #288
67ChevyRedneck
Hittin E-Z Street on Mud Tires

Re: My Big Fat Renovation

Thanks everyone.

That orange flag thing is the reason my wife and I have such awesome jobs

Clyde, I've learned that lesson all too well (mostly with my cars) so I try to get the "better stuff" now a days when it matters. I don't want to repaint 120 spindles and rails every 5 years. The 4 main posts actually fared well, they only needed a few areas cleaned up (aside from all the nail holes I filled.) This stuff has a 20 year "no fade" warranty. It's in the shade most of the day, so we'll see!

Esoxman... thought about that MANY times. My wife is thinking about a little one, so we're on the final push to "get the house done" first. The back deck is up next this fall. (Complete redo, it was built "wrong." It will be 22x16 - will have the same railing the porch has). I might start in late July...

After that, we're redoing the siding. It will be 16 years old by the time it's done, it has a huge melted spot in the back where the PO had the grille too close to the house, there's a couple broke pieces, and when the fence was painted (again, the PO's) they splattered stain ALL OVER the siding on both sides of the fence, both sides of the house! We have the money now... we won't in the near future. Thinking about a lighter tan/sand brown color. Will definitely put shutters on all windows. The back looks really plain without them.

My plan is:

Downstairs is DONE.
Porch is DONE.
Back deck - fall project.
One upstairs room left (just closet and trim) and hallway - winter project.
Siding - Spring/Summer next year - Contractor will do this. I just don't have the time/energy to move the scaffolds, etc. I've done siding before, it's easy, it would just take me months to do it. Contractor will have it done in 2-3 days tops. I'll do the shutters.
1968 Pontiac Firebird: Project Fire Chicken!
2015 Silverado Double Cab 5.3L Z71
2001 Jeep Wrangler Sport 4.0L 5spd
2020 Chevrolet Equinox Premium 2.0L Turbo
2011 Mustang V6 ~ Wife's ride
American Born, Country by the Grace of God
1967 CST Shop Truck Rebuild!
My 1967 C-10 Build Thread
My Vintage Air A/C Install
Project "On a Dime"
Trying my hand at Home Renovation!
1965 Mustang Modifications!

Last edited by 67ChevyRedneck; 08-01-2014 at 09:17 AM.
67ChevyRedneck is offline   Reply With Quote