View Single Post
Old 06-20-2014, 01:24 PM   #303
dug224

Re: Dug's 1959 Fleetside

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricott View Post
I loved the description of the muffler shop guy. A guy that has done some muffler fab for me in the past does it the same way. I would be blind, not to mention the headakes! It's always a great feeling to hear the engine run and to be able to drive it. Looking forward to seeing the bed on the truck.

I'm assuming your salvage operator is like the ones I know, the first thing they do is cut the Cats off the exhaust. If that is his MO, I would love to buy the complete crossover pipe - less the cats - (I do want the manifold flanges also). I can sub in a short piece of pipe to make up where the cats went. I could pick it up later this summer while visiting relatives on the Mississippi GC.

Take care, and congrats again on your progress.

Ricky
Ricky: Nice call on the crossover pipe. I am an idiot. I did not even think about it when I was out there running around looking for the flange or I would have grabbed it and saved $200. I will see that it is rescued less the cats. Will have him cut just above and just below the cats which will leave you three pieces work with.

Got the bed assembled and squared up this morning sans bed floor. Got the diagonals within +/- 1/8". Headed to garage to setup the hoist to see if I can swing it over and determine what needs to be modified. Took a quick measurement and it looks like the inside of the factory tubs will clear my tires.

In addition, rerouted my big power wires to and from starter and alternator to get them away from the hot exhaust. Added a grounding lug (10 mm bolt with 2 nuts) to my wooden fuse board. Dug
Attached Images

dug224 is offline   Reply With Quote