View Single Post
Old 06-22-2014, 12:58 AM   #10
leftybass209

Re: 402 Cheyenne Super SWB - No Sale @ 28K

Quote:
Originally Posted by davepl View Post
Wow, fake SPID and everything. BRIGHT orange tach needle, but claims to be an original tach truck. I could go on, but I won't. Sure shows that people need to get educated before dumping a lot of money on ANY vehicle.

If top bid at the auction was around $25K, top eBay bid is around $23K, and he's still got the reserve at $38K. The only trucks worth $38K would be this truck if it were (a) real, and (b) frame-off restored, neither of which it is.
You really hit on the key thing about these trucks- Get Educated!!!! This truck has some red flags that I suspect would just lead to the owner saying "I bought it like that" or "the previous owner said" This website is our only reliable source of information about these trucks. We don't have a Corvette registry and meticulously kept GM records. What is really scary is the info that gets put out on the Facebook portion of this website. I feel bad for how uneducated some owners are. It's not their fault but I've caught posts with 5 or 6 wrong comments back to back. Scary indeed.
leftybass209 is offline   Reply With Quote