View Single Post
Old 06-26-2014, 10:39 PM   #7
chad7757

Re: 1971 Frame Off Long/Fleet to Short/Stepside

I am working on finding some pictures of the truck when I first bought it. Its bad how you can start working on a project and then something changes and it moves to the barn for a couple years because life throws you a curve ball.

After the tear down of the truck and everything was bagged and boxed up for storage, it was time for the frame to go to sandblasting. After having the frame, and all the suspension and drivetrain done it was time to get everything painted.

I ordered new tubular trailing arms, shocks, and springs (2" drop front, 4" drop rear) from CPP. After a fresh coat of black epoxy frame paint on everything, and new hardware. I replaced the ball joints in the front end and started putting it all back together into a rolling chassis.

That was 2 years ago. After that it went to the barn and collected dust until about a month ago. Since then we have chopped the frame, assembled most of the motor components, got the engine and tranny mounted up, ran the headers and exhaust system, started body work, and working on getting the engine ready to fire up.

-Chad

This is one of my inspiration style photos I'm working towards. Think body styling and paint, not the lifted up 4x4 stance and big tires. Although if I had a k10 laying around I would be proud to own one like this. Of course I am going stepside so I guess I need a new role model.
Attached Images

chad7757 is offline   Reply With Quote