View Single Post
Old 06-28-2014, 05:46 PM   #8
dug224

Re: Dug's 1959 Fleetside

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsraven View Post
just watched he youtube, then there was another one there with your son driving and no box or mufflers. I knew he was gonna try the burnout thing. I was just siting here watching and realized I had a smile from ear to ear. cool how that brings back memories from my early days when the neighbours watched me doing burnouts and stuff out front on the street. well, except for one old guy who only allowed a few test runs before the shotgun would appear, cradled across his arms as a warning as he stood at the end of his drive, ha ha. we still talk about him and if he woulda actually given a warning shot across the bow or just take out a rad or something.....
great to see your truck running, did you decide if you are going to lengthen the rear trailing arms or do some creative bodywork?
wish my truck was as good condition as yours is. I am starting with a glove box door and working my way out, ha ha.
just wondering if you plan on using the headrests on the seats or if they will hit the rear window. that is one reason I am extending the cab on mine.
dennis
That was me doing the one wheel burnout. Would not let my son spin the tires yet.

Will move the wheel opening rather than do the trailing arms. Need body work practice.

Headrests will not hit the glass. To insure this, I probably need to move the brake and gas pedals closer to the floor and maybe even make the foot well deeper so I can move the seat up. The pedals are a bit unnaturally high. Don't really like the headrests but do like my neck. They are less obtrusive than some of the seats I have seen filling a big window. I can always store them when parked if I ever get it complete enough to do a cruise-in.
dug224 is offline   Reply With Quote