View Single Post
Old 06-29-2014, 11:23 PM   #139
mjensen

Re: My 78 K15 High Sierra build - Fish Tremble

Quote:
Originally Posted by rgunlock View Post
Honestly, I haven't really decided but I'm leaning toward something along the lines of Vintage Air. I've read in more than one place that they are more efficient (work better) than what came factory. I like the idea of getting rid of that huge heater core enclosure in the engine compartment also. In any case I was not having much success trying to get a flat surface with all my welded in patches so figure worse case after I patch that area flat is to just re-cut the holes if I change my mind back toward factory. There wasn't really much of the system left when I got my truck so most would have to be bought anyway for a factory setup.

Any particular reason you are going with the Blazer system? Just get a deal on a whole setup or do you like it for other reasons?
Well, I went with the Blazer unit because it came with the motor. After pulling a newer wiring harness out of a newer truck, I noticed that they only have the condenser (I think that's what it is...shiny silver thing ) outside the firewall. Then the rest of the stuff is tucked up under the dash. I think I'm going to switch to that route.

Progress is looking real good!

'69 GMC 3/4 ton 4x4 Build Thread
mjensen is offline   Reply With Quote