View Single Post
Old 06-30-2014, 06:40 AM   #15
dug224

Re: Dug's 1959 Fleetside

Got the front clip and cab leveled. Had to shim the front and back right corners about 3/16" and the front left core support about 5/16". Tightened all the sheet metal bolts which ultimately tightened up all the gaps..... maybe a bit too much. Still looks pretty straight. Re-hung the passenger door several hundred times and finally got it to a point that proves to me I can get it to a final position after several hundred more hangings. By the way, both doors are a different color than the cab so they did not come on the truck...not that they would have been any straighter. I will definitely be adding and subtracting door edge material to get the gaps right.

Was going to weld a stud onto the body line on both sides in the front and back so I could pull a string and establish the body alignment. Decided to utilize the existing holes in the fenders and bed sides instead. Used a bolt and bushing. Worked nicely. The only problem I am having is seeing the door. The body line in the door is not quite as crisp. Also, the bed is about 1/4" wider than cab (1/8" on each side). Jim pointed out that I can probably pull it in by loosening the bed front bolts and pulling the sides to towards the middle.
Attached Images

dug224 is offline   Reply With Quote