View Single Post
Old 07-10-2014, 08:41 PM   #4
jeffro2

Re: Building several 1\8 Harley Davidson models

Quote:
Originally Posted by special-K View Post
Looks great! I have a soft spot for those 1/8 scale Revell Harley kits. I used to build those choppers back then
Thank you, I thought I might hear from you special-K. That chopper I had back then was the cats meow in my mind. lol

I hope you still like it after you see what I have done to this one. I figure I have 2 more to try different looks in paint or whatever I decide on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ol Blue K20Cool View Post
thanks Jeffro. What are you using to strip the chrome?
Thank you Dale, and "you are welcome"

For regular models I have been using Purple Power, or any cleaner degreaser that will corrode aluminum seems to work. It will state it on the side of the bottle normally.

I usually use another brand to strip anodizing off of aluminum, but you had to watch it, because if it sat too long, the aluminum will pit and get really rough.

I will have to look to see what it was, because Purple Power won't even touch chrome plating on RC chromed parts, its a lot stronger bonded to the plastic.

And now, back to the show. Here is the direction on this one. I have had to remake some parts because they were lost before I got it. The oil tank, and I'm working on handle bars and the "spark box" according to the instructions, and the spark plugs.

The tires were really lose on the rims so I stuffed a small amount of soft foam into the tires and now they fit perfect.

I just had to mock it up.

That's all for now, Thank you for taking a peek.

jeffro2 is offline   Reply With Quote