View Single Post
Old 07-12-2014, 11:06 PM   #23
47 Fasttoys

Re: Loadmaster '47 COE

Well I have been working on the shifter project. I'm on my third attempt on the circuit layout and function. I have added a manual control mode in case the control board fails (which it has). With the manual mode I can control the position of the actuator and the signal from the trans switch to tell me what gear I'm in. I also added LEDs to indicate which gear I have selected. You can see the pictures below and the circuit I came up with. The company I have purchased the actuator and control board from (Firgelli Technologies) has been very good about helping with the issues with the board and are sending me a new one free of charge. Keep in mind right now I'm still just tinkering with this to see is it's a viable solution for an electric shifter. From the testing I have done to this point, I would say yes. Anyone is welcome to my drawings or designs. This is just something I'm doing for my truck and wanted to share. I'm sure there are better ways to do this. I'm not an EE so if of you are and have comments please share.
Rob