View Single Post
Old 01-12-2004, 09:28 PM   #35
BADA$$69
Walking accident

Quote:
Originally posted by powder2
ther is a scam going around i was selling my truck this man from canada said he would send me some money in a certified check and when i get the check to cash it and send the rest of the money to his shipper so he can ship the truck so i got the check something felt funny so i called the bank where the check came from . kinda weird the check came from a bank in florida the bank asked what was the name on the check i told him he said that was a fake someone photo copied the name he said the name on the check should be hand written so i called the police they said cal the fbi so i called the fbi they said there is nothing they can do because the infop the guy gave me was probally bogus so everyone keep your eye out for these people i deleated all of his e-mails so ican't tell you his name but the last part iof his e-mails was from fastmail.com
I wish I would have seen this a week ago. My dad just got scammed out of $6000. A guy sent him a cashiers check and told him to take the $250 out for the doors he was selling. Then he sent the rest of it to the shipper (scammer) thru Western Union. Today (a week after he deposited it) the bank called and said the check was counterfiet.

89 Mustang GT
BADA$$69 is offline   Reply With Quote