View Single Post
Old 07-19-2014, 04:02 PM   #16
66 C30

Re: 66 C30 Diesel Build

It's been a while but a small amount of work has been done. I learned that the newer C30 trucks still use the metal bushings in the front, so I am planning on swapping in the new crossmember and using the original control arms. One of the new control arms must have caught some thing because it's all bent, which is why I decided to reuse the old arms. They are already drilled for the sway bar for some reason because it didn't come with a sway bar, but I'm not complaining. I know I've read it a couple places but can someone confirm that the ball joints and control arm bushings out of the 84 truck will fit in the 66 control arms. I already have the parts here, just want to be sure before I get the arms powdercoated.

As stated above, I am planning on using the newer crossmember just because it already has the holes needed for the diesel engine mounts.

I decided to swap in the complete pedal assembly and steering column from the newer truck so that everything lines up with the hydroboost and hydraulic clutch. This also makes the column swap a lot easier since the pedal assembly is the column mount. It wasn't too bad to fit in. I had to remove the original bracket spot welded to the cab and it pretty much went in. It's a little bit short, but I'll figure that out. Now I don't have to worry about the brake pushrod length.

Right now the parts for the front end rebuild wiped out the budget, so now back to saving to get the parts powdercoated so I can put it back together.
66 C30 is offline   Reply With Quote