View Single Post
Old 07-22-2014, 05:08 PM   #182
cmabolt

Re: Project Reno - 72 cheyenne rebuild

UPDATE! UPDATE!

Well, made a massive order at LMC with all my interior and whatever I though I needed to wire and it should have arrived by now, but UPS lost it and it's been like 3 days. It's really lost! So, until they find my parts, I have been chipping away at wiring the cab. This is my first wiring job so.... a little tentative, but So far, I have to say that American Auto Wire is a very nice product. The only thing I have had to make is a custom harness for the cargo light. It came with wires for the interior overhead curtesy light, but not a provision for the Cargo light other than a bag of connectors. So it was easy enough to make one based on the stock configuration. My entire dash panel is Classic Instruments so that plugged right into the harness. Pretty Nice and easy. I do have to make some custom mods for the LS motor harness to tie in as well as the vintage air system, so nervous about that.

BTW, the vintage air setup is pretty nice as well. It was very easy to assemble the controls and from what I can see so far of the harness, it will be a breeze to wire.

I am considering not running the rear harness thru the firewall, but somewhere else instead, The firewall looks so clean and don't really want to mess that up. I may break down though and start drilling, who knows. The stock location was filled, but it is easy enough to drill out.

Also, I still haven't decided if I want the pcm in or out of the cab. I certainly have room under the dash, but It could be nice to have it in the engine bay. I think that's where they usually are anyway.

More to come.