Thread: Project Texa Go
View Single Post
Old 07-25-2014, 02:43 PM   #127
Billett

Re: Project Texa Go

Honestly this is probably the first time I've been on in several months so I'm glad I caught this. It's been interesting. I've graduated college, gotten married, gotten a new job, a dog, new house, and a Ford Falcon all within a few months.

So things are pretty busy.

The truck runs, but is mostly used by my wife to go ~2 miles to and from work instead of the 100 miles a day I make. I'm still having some problems with it, but I just haven't had the time to figure them out.

Brakes are still working pretty well but they squeal because of the crack in the shoe from when they were on wrong. I have 72 spindles, rotors, pads, etc, but haven't had the time to find 5 lug rims, ball joints and tie rods.

LQ4 is a trooper, but it still gets terrible gas mileage for what it should be, and still throws misfire codes at random times for some reason. I'm pretty sure the filter came off the pickup tube in the fuel tank because the inline walbro pump is starting to shriek too so I'll need an inline filter and more -an fittings asap.

The body is falling apart much quicker than it used to because of the harsh winter we had and I haven't had time to clean up the rust and get it patched or at least cleaner to slow the process.

Oh and the brake switch under the dash gets stuck on sometimes so my lights stay on and drain the battery.

So all in all not super great for the truck although it keeps soldiering on god bless it. All fixable things, (except for that damn misfire...), just have to set aside a weekend to take care of it all before something serious happens.
2002 Ford Excursion 7.3L
2024 Toyota Sienna
Billett is offline   Reply With Quote