View Single Post
Old 07-25-2014, 08:27 PM   #9
chevyman70

Re: 5.3l 4l60e issues NEED HELP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BR3W CITY View Post
LTFT %

If it idles better unplugged, that means the VE tables being used are at least "ok". That points back in the direction of the MAF or its related wiring. While its possible there is a tune issue, I don't want to suggest that if there is a diagnosable MAF failure.

If I need to test a MAF, I call in a favor at the parts store and grab another brand new maf. Clear codes (or pull battery), connect the new maf, let it idle up and see if any of the problems self-clear. If so, you can either keep the new MAF, or return it and find a junkyard/used replacement. A little ghetto, but works when you don't have easy access to a salvage yard on a weekend.
So I disconnected the MAF, and the LTFT% went from 25% to 8%. I drove it around and it ran just as if it was plugged. The LTFT% isolated from 8% to 22% depending on how I was driving. STFT% isolated from 0% to 6%. Once I plugged it back on, it jump to 25%. Sprayed carb cleaner all around and no RPM increase. The MIL light did not turn-on while it was unplugged.
chevyman70 is offline   Reply With Quote