View Single Post
Old 01-13-2004, 03:02 PM   #14
SCOTI

Perchjerker, your thinking like me now.......... that was the first thing I thought of. I thought the mount was loose & binding the linkage because when you let off the gas the column shift arm would shoot up towards rev/2nd & when you got on the gas it would shoot down towards 1st/3rd. It wouldn't actually come out of gear, just move back & forth according to speeding up or slowing down.

I checked the mount & everything feels solid. So I thought that possibly the arms had come loose on the side of the trans but they were tight as well.

The bushings are worn completely out & was on my list of things to replace after I got everything swapped, but I feel I should @ least be able to somewhat move between gears & currently it's just not possible.

Shuttermutt, I always shift to 2nd/3rd before going into 1st to syncronize the trans & not grind the gears since these old trannys aren't syncronized. Good tip though.

TxFirefighter.... some comparison pics would be good. Hell, does anyone have pics of their 3spd linkage (that works properly) still hooked up that I can compare with?

Thanks for the input guys..... it helps regain my perspective.
99CCSWB Driver
All Fleetsides
@rattlecankustoms in IG

Building a small, high rpm engine with the perfect bore, stroke and rod ratio is very impressive.
It's like a highly skilled Morrocan sword fighter with a Damascus Steel Scimitar.....

Cubic inches is like Indiana Jones with a cheap pistol.
SCOTI is offline   Reply With Quote