Thread: Window Problems
View Single Post
Old 07-27-2014, 09:09 PM   #1
sholl10

Window Problems

Hello all , I'm fairly new to the forum but have been looking through threads for years. I recently bought another squarebody, an 87 R30. The guy before me butchers the wiring to the passenger side window, I guess to try and fix it but wasn't able to. The window was only going down unless I manually switch two wires causing it to go up. I figured it could be the driver side switch which went bad and bought a new one. Didn't solve the problem. I used another switch from one of my rear doors and still not working. Here's how the switch is set up... Each 0 represents the holes that the prongs from the switch go into.

A 0 0 B

C 0 0 D

E 0

Now I have it set up so that each of the following wires goes to the letter next to it.
A= Black w Blue Stripe
B= Blue w White Stripe
C= Red
D= Tan
E= Blue

Now as is sits it will only go up but if I switch the Red wire from C to D the Tan wire from D to C it will go down using the switch. Now If I leave all the wires the way I showed above and tool the wire from A (Black w Blue strip) and touched E (Blue) it will also allow me to go down but not up until i break contact.

If anyone has any idea on how and can fix this please let me know, I'm almost to the point where I want to switch to manual windows.

Thanks,
Sean
sholl10 is offline   Reply With Quote