View Single Post
Old 07-30-2014, 03:03 AM   #21
chevyman70

Re: 5.3l 4l60e issues NEED HELP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BR3W CITY View Post
Yes, but they can all be manipulated. If your getting timing that you didn't add yourself (or whoever tuned it), you can take a look and see WHY. 16.5 is very lean at cruise, I barely go that lean on decel.

Under the condition you mentioned, you want to be a hair fat, as that particular range is prone to knock. 40* is still a large amount of timing IMO, spark tables shouldn't show much over 32.

What injector are you running? Did you rely just on VE, or was PE used also?
Okay, finally I got the MAF sensor installed. It took me awhile since I ordered the MAF that had lifetime warranty, rather than one year. Just a few dollars more. Anyhow, after installing the MAF, the truck idles much better. After a few drive cycles, at idle, LTFT% is around 7% to 10%. At cruise, it varies between 16% to 21%. So far, no p0171, P0174 codes. It will read 25% while accelerating. I am not sure if that is normal.

What I do notice is that bank 1 reads higher LTFT% by 3% compared to bank 2. Bank 1 is where I hear it missing through the exhaust at rpms higher that 1500. That is when it shuffles between 1500 to 1700. I did check the ignition timing, at cruise speed and it does read 32 to 34 degrees, unless I drop it to 3rd gear, then ignition timing rises to 40 to 45 degrees.

I am using stock injectors that came with the engine. When I had the PCM reflashed, I just gave them the engines information, transmission information, rear end ratios, and tire size. Nothing more. Everything on the engine is stock. I do have a transmission question, but I'll take your advise and tackle one issue at a time.
chevyman70 is offline   Reply With Quote