View Single Post
Old 07-30-2014, 01:04 PM   #354
TexasLS1

Re: Knomadd '71 SWB C-10

Quote:
Originally Posted by knomadd View Post
Hey Matt! Nice to see you're back on here. Sorry to hear about your power stroke.

It's possible the water was coming from the cowl area. Although, before I installed the A/C unit, I couldn't find anything that would suggest water was coming in from a specific location. The only thing in the general area, that I noticed, was the antenna hole (still open). I guess it could have been coming in from the windshield gasket, then dripping down the dash.
Not sure if this will help or not, but I took my cowl off and fixed the antenna grommet, then took the glove box out, and poured water slowly. I didn't find anything around the cowl, and the A pillar, antenna, and drip rail didn't seem to leak, but when I poured water on the bottom center of the windshield, on the weatherstrip, it leaked through the seal, onto the dash inside the cab, then ran over to the right side where there is a small drip hole, then onto where the glove box would be. I really hoped it would be the antenna on mine
Keep us updated on finding the leak, I hope yours is an easy fix. I didn't see any rust holes under the cowl when checking mine out, but maybe I missed something. I'll be keeping a rag under the seat for when it rains and when I wash it for a while. BTW - your AC setup is sweet, it's really motivating me to get mine up and running!!
TexasLS1 is offline   Reply With Quote