View Single Post
Old 08-01-2014, 11:50 AM   #1
Mikeeal33

$3,000 driver build

It's an honor to be amongst you guys, my truck wouldn't be where it's at today if not for this site and it's members. Look at my post count, that's because every time I needed a little insight or help I was able to find exactly what I needed with the search bar, no need to clutter the board up with questions that have already been answered, twice!!! I've been lurking since about 2008 but I lost my password and couldn't recover it so I re-registered early this year.

Also, thanks to cubber, his truck inspired me so I had to bug him with a few PM's . Stole his wheels too cause I like the look.

Anyway, the story goes like this. I told my buddy I wanted a 67-72, but it had to be a swb. There's plenty of long beds around here, but that's just not my style. A week later he had a lead on an old friend of his, with a 1972 2WD CST10 short bed sitting on his property. The owners (two good old boys) putted around the farm in it up until a few years ago, till it stopped running and they parked it. They accused the starter, along with the ignition switch. Factory 307ci with a 4-speed tranny. Odometer read 47,000 miles. The truck was complete and other than rotted out cab corners the body was in great shape. They wanted $500 for it. I had it on the trailer and heading to my place before they had a chance to change their minds, lol.

Here it is last winter after I brought it home and pulled the bed off:

The goal is to make a driver out of it, nothing fancy, just something I can cruise around daily with my kids. My requirements were pretty simple, I just want it to be low and run good. My kids named it Gumby after I showed them the show, (they're 7 and 8 so they didn't have a clue who Gumby was lolol) I know there's another Gumby on the forum so for the sake of argument we'll call her Grumpy; I'll take a pic of where that came from.

Last edited by 70LonghornCST; 08-07-2014 at 12:22 AM. Reason: requested editing help by OP
Mikeeal33 is offline   Reply With Quote