View Single Post
Old 08-02-2014, 01:04 PM   #37
67ChevyRedneck
Hittin E-Z Street on Mud Tires

Re: Can an AC Installed make the engine run hotter than before?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fitz View Post
Really? Not necessary? Something likely off??? The assumption you made is that we all drive stock trucks with a few trinkets slapped on them so we can say "custom".
Yes, I was referring to stock trucks. Even ones that are mildly hopped up should run just fine with a stock set up. Time and time again people use electric fans to mask the real issue as to why they're overheating in the first place and never fix the real problem.

I know lots of guys with LS swaps that use e fans, but most of them use a form of OEM fan, and not an aftermarket one. Again, I mentioned I was burned by aftermarket fans (and have read about many others that were as well) and will use an OEM Chrysler fan on my C10.

I was also just burned by a pile of crap "aftermarket" flywheel. I installed a T5 in my 65 mustang and it's vibrating like crazy in N and all gears at the same RPM. Turns out quite a few people had the same problem with that brand. Expensive (and time consuming) lesson learned. Going with an expensive Ford Racing one now (didn't know they offered one for my set up at the time).

Nice looking motor!
1968 Pontiac Firebird: Project Fire Chicken!
2015 Silverado Double Cab 5.3L Z71
2001 Jeep Wrangler Sport 4.0L 5spd
2020 Chevrolet Equinox Premium 2.0L Turbo
2011 Mustang V6 ~ Wife's ride
American Born, Country by the Grace of God
1967 CST Shop Truck Rebuild!
My 1967 C-10 Build Thread
My Vintage Air A/C Install
Project "On a Dime"
Trying my hand at Home Renovation!
1965 Mustang Modifications!
67ChevyRedneck is offline   Reply With Quote