View Single Post
Old 08-05-2014, 12:59 AM   #751
mosesburb
I had a V-8

Re: Intro from an old Assembly Plant guy

That is cool as hell.

It was real sad to see DPG shut down. So much of cool stuff from that place left in roll-off dumpsters. We had a contract with one of the salvage companies and we hauled bunches of trailers of shop equipment, office stuff, etc out of there. Those guys got the best stuff. Some of the "artwork" was the coolest stuff to be had out of there. All gone now. Signs at the entrance gone. High fences gone. Hell, they even cleared out the oleanders. The basic silhouette of the facility still remains as they never really finished the destruction of it.

I'm glad I got to see some of it in action before it went away. It was cool pulling out of there and seeing these vehicles pulling in with one front seat and a bank of instruments where the passenger seat would normally be. Or seeing over the fence at the vehicles with the crazy paint that try to camouflage the shape of the bodies. Real cool stuff.