View Single Post
Old 08-08-2014, 10:27 PM   #23
76C10Stepside

Re: 89 S10 4.3 Need help troubleshooting TBI/IAC Idle issue

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChevyTech View Post
The only unusual thing I notice with your photos, other then the rubber injector grommets on the wire connectors are missing, is they are upside down.
Yeah, sorry about the upside down pics. My computer displays them right side up automatically.

The left grommet is missing. AFAIK, it was gone when I got the truck. Napa will sell me a whole new plug with wires and grommet (for $$$), but not just the grommet. How important is the grommet?

Quote:
Your truck has a “Port EGR Valve/ System” and you may want to make note of this for future reference. If you ever want to buy an EGR valve they will most likely try to sell you the wrong type.
Good to know. I'll make a note of it.

Quote:
The return line is smaller diameter and is to the passenger side of the supply line.
You're right, the supply line is almost 1/16th inch bigger (OD). So, when I replaced the fuel filter, I disconnected the return line first, then the supply line, which leaked a bunch o' gas. I suspect that the flooding was due to the gas from the supply line leaking down through the distributor shaft, in which case, my original post-TBI-rebuild problem was probably NOT flooding, but something else.

Quote:
Test the fuel pressure. If the pressure is good with the engine running then the return line should be open.
Will do! Need to get a test tee that works with my pressure guage first. My guage has a small rubber hose on a small barbed fitting, and reads up to 70 PSI. Looks like that non-original section of fuel hose is the best place to tie in.

Quote:
The rubber hose and clamps on the fuel supply line between the tank and the fuel filter are NOT factory.
I wonder why someone did that... BTW, the old fuel filter did not have any restrictions in it.

Quote:
Lifting the bed is the method I prefer, rather than dropping the tank.
How do you prop the bed up when you do it? I don't think 2x4s will work with the canopy mounted, and I have no place to park the canopy.
76C10Stepside is offline   Reply With Quote