View Single Post
Old 08-09-2014, 06:51 PM   #25
76C10Stepside

Re: 89 S10 4.3 Need help troubleshooting TBI/IAC Idle issue

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChevyTech View Post
The missing grommet is not important. I would just grab one at the U-Pull-It or run without it.
Thanks!

Quote:
The rubber hose added to your truck would be an easy place to test fuel pressure.
I did the fuel pressure test by connecting the guage directly to this hose (no test tee), key on, engine off. Note that in the attached photo of my guage, that the positive pressure scale only goes to 10 PSI. The needle reached the 10 on the VACUUM scale, which is where the 16 PSI mark would be if there was one. I read that fuel pressure should be 9-13 PSI. This fuel pump was in the truck when I got it, and probably a lot longer (maybe original), and I'd guess that it has always output this amount of pressure. Is the 16 PSI reading GOOD or BAD?

I also know that it holds the pressure for a long time after shutoff, because when I replaced the fuel filter, it had been sitting overnight and still had (lots of) pressure when I loosened the supply line.

What should I do next? Flush the supply line? OR...

Quote:
In a shop setting, a guy on each corner works well to lift the box and move it back. I have seen photos of people using a cherry picker to lift the whole box off.

I don't like 2x4s and things that can fall.

If you have a strong garage, some rope up to the rafters works well for removing toppers and boxes.
No helpers, and the rafters in my garage are covered with wallboard.
Since the gas from the lines looks clean, do you think I need to drop the tank for inspection?
Attached Images

76C10Stepside is offline   Reply With Quote