View Single Post
Old 08-11-2014, 10:22 AM   #224
Low Elco

Re: Old Yeller's new heart-5.3/4l60 swap!

This was set aside for a motorsickle weekend, but we got rain.

Friday, I at least got over to Eric's and paid him for the stickers, he also hooked me up with a neutral safety switch and some good tutorin'.. Fri night and all day Sat was Motorsickles, then The Kid and I got the tank bolted down, the hidden hitch modified and bolted in, the wheels bolted on, and the truck rolled out so the shop could get a desperately needed cleaning. Also, called Boppa with a list and he got all the gaskets and fluids and stuff bought and picked up to finish that part out.

Sunday we got rained out, so Boppa came out and we mounted the AC stuff in the core support so that we could know where to put everything else. Doing good with the used kit so far, but CAA needs to hire a better technical writer. I've seen better directions, that's for sure. It came out ok in the end, so good enough. Then we got the radiator remounted, and the airbox mount fabbed and tacked up, then I ran out of weld wire and it was dinnertime. Should be ready to charge this week, if this stupid infected ear doesn't kill me first.

Last edited by Low Elco; 08-11-2014 at 10:31 AM.
Low Elco is offline   Reply With Quote