View Single Post
Old 08-12-2014, 05:53 PM   #9
71ChevySS(straight6)

Re: 67 on a 72 frame

This is an old thread, but I have a 71, and was scrolling through Craigslist in my area and stumbled across a 68 front clip and cab with shaved door handles, a frenched antenna mounting, fuel neck filler, and everything steel in place (radiator supports and whatnot). The vent window glass is also in place. However, none of the interior (minus the brake pedal, I assume this means the booster is still in place) is there; no door panels, no dash pad, nothin'. The windshield, back window, and side windows (I think) are non-exsistent.

The guy wants $400, and is fairly close to where I am. I can paint the cab and front clip before I pull all the guts from the 71's cab and stuff it in the 68, then all I'll need is a new box, my floor is about as solid as mesh.

My question is, should I go for it? I'm only in high school, so this would be a rather large project. But, is it a good deal? I know if I were to buy all the parts the frontend of my 71 it would cost much more than this clip and cab, but I don't know if I'll need to acquire some different mounting brackets and things like that...
71ChevySS(straight6) is offline   Reply With Quote