View Single Post
Old 08-16-2014, 10:26 PM   #24
davischevy

Re: House Leveling... yikes!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOPAPA View Post
I don't recomend what I am about to share,,but by now Bill you either have the job done or at the very least listened to some of the good ideas and are being safe with what way you chose..

This is what I did once to repair a sunken corner to a barn ,,cow poop rotted timber out,,some of you for sure has seen this ..I took an old car screw jack and put it under the timber as close as I could to the end that was rotten, I jacked it up to level and just a bit more ..I then put blocking in and around the jack while I built concrete forms to hold the wet cement mix..
At this point I took the blocking out and nailed in a form on both sides where the blocking was and just left the jack in the pour.. never got to do that again ,,it worked just
fine and I would of done it for a house if that same thing ever came about,,but it didn't so I never got to do it for a house..
That jack and Jimmy Hoffa have something in common Larry. You didn't once live in Chicago by any chance?

Build thread, Arkansas K10
https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/...=755797&page=5

The ability to speak several languages is an asset, but the ability to keep your mouth shut in any language is priceless.
davischevy is offline   Reply With Quote