View Single Post
Old 08-19-2014, 01:05 PM   #202
NorCalAnthony

Re: 1987 GMC V1500 Sierra Classic LS swap/build

Quote:
Originally Posted by NastyBuzzard View Post
Thanks for the support!! Good to know I will be helping a fellow swapper!

The plan is to remove the plastic bucket on the 01 pump assy and cut/modify the rods to be shorter, probably around 2". Then reassemble it, cut hole in the tank, and put it all together!! I know it sounds simple... Just got to get to doing it!

Then I have to make some "bastard" lines from my stock 87 fuel lines and the stock 01 lines and hook it all up.

Mounting the evap shoulding be too difficult, just have to find a place for it and fab up some mounting brackets.

Good luck man, start a build thread! I'd read it!
I probably will once I actually get going on the project especially since there aren't too many smog legal swap threads out there. Right now I'm working on getting some minor things done on the Blazer while I gather the last few things I need to start the swap.

Modifying the fuel pump assembly doesn't look too hard and I've seen a couple of guys do the same thing when swapping an LSx into their jeeps over on Pirate4x4. I'll see if I can find a link to the one I had been referencing when I get home from work in case it helps give you some ideas. The only thing I'm not too sure about yet is the locking ring. I haven't been able to take both of my tanks apart yet to see if they're compatible or if I'm going to have to remove the locking ring from the newer tank and have it welded to the older tank...

I'll be making some Frankenstein fuel lines myself to go from the sending unit to the hard lines. I'm going to try and use newer lines since they already have the right connections on the sending unit side and then pick up some AN adapters for the other end to go from that newer fuel line to the stock TBI hard lines. At least that's the plan for now unless you come up with a better way before I start lol. Just be sure not to use any of your stock rubber lines since they have a much lower pressure rating than the newer LS fuel lines (TBI ~13 psi - LS ~58 psi).
NorCalAnthony is offline   Reply With Quote