View Single Post
Old 08-21-2014, 05:47 PM   #204
NorCalAnthony

Re: 1987 GMC V1500 Sierra Classic LS swap/build

Here's the link for modifying/shortening the newer fuel sending unit I was talking about: https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=...73373277,d.cGU

It looks pretty simple and looks like all you need is a cut off wheel and a brake line flaring tool.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mtrhd329 View Post
you should look into the nylon lines. I bought a roll of nylon line on amazon for about $20 and cut some connectors off of random cars in the junkyard and made my own lines on the cheap. i used some brass connectors that thread onto the 87 sending unit and my lines use the quick disconnect of the modern cars on both the tank and the fuel rail. im less than $100 in the whole setup and i can hold all my fuel lines up with one finger.

My setup is smog legal if you have any questions let me know. passed california BAR inspection and passed smog also.
I thought the fuel lines on the '00 donor were made of nylon? At least that's what the ones I looked at appeared to be and that's why I was going to re-use them if they were in good enough shape. Do you have any pictures or part numbers for the brass connectors that you use to connect the new nylon to the steel hardlines? I'd love to see some shots of how you have everything connected since it sounds pretty similar to what me and NastyBuzzard were wanting to do. Thanks for offering to help answer questions for a smog legal swap. I might just take you up on that once I get going lol. Do you have a build thread anywhere I can check out?
NorCalAnthony is offline   Reply With Quote