View Single Post
Old 08-24-2014, 02:40 PM   #46
76C10Stepside

Re: 89 S10 4.3 Need help troubleshooting TBI/IAC Idle issue

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChevyTech View Post
Are you parking the truck on a hill, with the front end down hill?

The fuel return line to the tank, in the sending unit, should not be so long that it is down in the gas.

Did you over fill the gas tank?
No, it's parked head-in in my driveway, which has a very slight uphill tilt, and the front of the truck is on jack stands! It had less than a quarter tank BEFORE I disconnected the fuel line and 2-1/2 gallons drained out of the ENGINE side. The end of the fuel line that goes to the gas tank is PLUGGED OFF. It's the other side that all the gas is coming from.

It just doesn't make sense. Doesn't the return line come in at the TOP of the gas tank? How could it even get so full that gas goes UP the return line? Anyway, how could it get past the fuel pressure regulator and go DOWN the supply line? Last time I checked, the gas can had another gallon of gas in it. I will check it again today and see if it finally stopped. If not, I guess I'll start selling gas! LOL

The only other thing I can think of is that it must have a non-vented cap, because when it's low on gas, there is a lot of suction when I take the cap off to add gas to the tank. Is that normal for these? It's had the same locking cap on it for years.
76C10Stepside is offline   Reply With Quote